Designed to prepare new and expectant mothers for the experience of breastfeeding, Medela’s Breastfeeding University program consists of 10 short (5-12 minute), self-paced online classes. We invited 10 Resident Moms to try the program and share their feedback. Here’s what they had to say:
It’s helpful for first-time moms.
Most Resident Moms who were expecting or recently gave birth to their first baby thought Breastfeeding University was informative. Many second-time moms also thought the program was a helpful refresher course.
- “Class was very easy to understand. Met expectations with extra “tricks” learned.” –Elana L.
- “I found it very informative. My 4 month old son was born prematurely and spent the first 2.5 months in the NICU. Medela’s Breastfeeding University had information that pertained to my circumstances.” –Amber H.
- “This class provided me with information I already knew (as I had already gone through the experience once), with a few new things that I took notes on. It’s an excellent resource for new moms, and a great resource for 2nd time moms.” –Ankita P.
The program was easy to use, but could be shorter.
Most Resident Moms agreed that Breastfeeding University was easy to navigate, and appreciated that they could complete the program at their own pace.
- “Medela’s Breastfeeding University was very easy to use and very convenient. The videos allowed me to pause and replay any information that I may have missed. I was able to watch as few or as many as I had time for.” –Amber H.
- “I liked that you could do it anytime and anywhere.” –Krystal M.
- “Even though each lesson was ~10 minutes, I felt it could have been condensed some more.” -Ann E.
Most moms would recommend Medela’s Breastfeeding University
Overall, Resident Moms were enthusiastic about Medela’s Breastfeeding University, and would recommend it to other new moms.
- “Without a doubt I would recommend this resource to other new mom’s. I think it’s invaluable and very convenient.” – Chris T.
- “Definitely will recommend and have actually already done so.” – Krystal M.
- “I would recommend this resource to other new moms if it is free.” –Ankita P.