Making the Case for Breastfeeding
Six things to tell a dad who questions whether the breast is best:
1. Our baby will be healthier! He’ll not only have fewer colds now, but a reduced risk of many serious diseases down the line. (And fewer illnesses equals fewer doctor bills!)
2. It’s cheaper! Even if we buy or rent a breast pump and bottles, breastfeeding could save the family thousands of dollars.
3. More sleep for YOU! Unless, of course, you want to get up to help with middle-of-the-night feedings and diaper changes.
4. No last-minute dashes to the store for formula! Or having to warm it up and scrub bottles, for that matter.
5. No putrid poops! Okay, it never smells good, but breastfed babies’ poop is considerably less stinky.
6. The “perfect food” is easy to digest! Which means fewer run-ins with constipation, gas or diarrhea.
NEXT: WHERE TO GET SUPPORT