To pinpoint what makes your family unique, brainstorm your identity—for each member of the household—by answering these questions.* Click here for a printable version.
1. What do you like most about each family member?
2. What are your goals—in life and for your children?
3. What makes you happy?
4. What are your favorite memories of your family?
5. What are your biggest accomplishments?
6. How do you have fun?
7. What are your family’s special rules?
8. How do you support each other?
9. What are your traditions or favorite cultural activities?
10. What do you believe in (religious or otherwise)?
*Adapted from materials produced by the Center for Effective Collaboration and Practice, part of the American Institutes for Research in connection with the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services