- The baby becomes more active, turning from side to side and sometimes head over heels.
- Finger and toe prints can be seen.
- The baby sleeps and wakes at regular intervals.
- This is a month of rapid growth. At the end of the fifth month, your baby is about 10 inches long and weighs 1/2 to 1 pound.
- If you haven’t already, you will begin to feel your baby moving. Tell your health care provider.
- Your uterus has grown to the height of your belly button.
- Your heart beats faster.
- You may need eight or more hours of sleep each night. During the day, take rest breaks if tired. Don’t push yourself.
Prenatal Care Guide
- Visit your health care provider for one prenatal care checkup.
- Your baby’s growth and weight gain can be affected if you’re smoking, drinking or taking drugs. It’s never too late to quit.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious diet and drink lots of juice, water and milk every day.
Article Courtesy of The March of Dimes