Newborns send signals to their parents about how they feel and what they need. But as a new parent, you may not know how to read those signals. This engaging, interactive program explains how infants respond to the world around them. It describes:
- How babies signal that they’re hungry, tired, don’t feel well or want to play
- How sleep patterns change over time
- How a newborn responds and moves
- How to manage a crying baby
Understanding Your Newborn includes sections on these topics:
- States of awareness
- The newborn’s senses
- Reflexes and movements
- Playing and break time
The program includes photographs, animation, video clips, and interactive games and quizzes.
What You Need to Get Started
In order for you to view Understanding Your Newborn, your computer must meet these requirements:
Windows or Macintosh operating system
- Windows or Macintosh operating system
- Web browser with Flash Plug-in 7.0 or higher. Click here to download the latest Flash Plug-in for your computer here.
- Internet connection: High speed recommended. You can view the program on a dial-up connection, but certain elements will function slowly.
- Ability to play audio (optional).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (for downloading printouts). Click here to download Acrobat Reader.
An interactive guide.