It’s dry, it’s itchy, and while eczema is no fun, it’s even more of a nuisance dealing with it while being pregnant. However, with a plan, you can keep this skin reaction at bay.
Here are 5 easy tips on how to deal with the discomforts of eczema during your pregnancy:
- There are some options regarding medications that may be safe to use while pregnant. The use of antihistamines will soothe itchiness and topical steroids will help with skin reactions. Remember to always consult your doctor before using any medications while pregnant.
- Try to limit contact with skin irritants such as perfumes, makeup, wool, jewelry, household cleaners, pet dander, laundry detergent, and juices from meats, fruits, and plants.
- Moisturize often to prevent dryness and cracking. Try using a scent-free moisturizer, as fragranced products will irritate your sensitive skin and bother your intense sense of smell.
- Wear loose, light, cotton fabrics. Try and stay cool, as allowing yourself to become too heated is a common way to trigger eczema.
- Lastly, try to relax. It is important to stay calm and avoid stress, as being tense could cause your skin to flare up, allowing a breakout to occur.
By utilizing these tips, finding time to relax, and working with your doctor, you will be able to keep your symptoms under control.