Recipes Courtesy of SheKnows.com
The next time you make out your grocery list, add on these ingredients for a soothing, rejuvenating facial mask that doesn’t break the bank. Milk, fruit, vegetable, and eggs, are the key ingredients to facial masks, which means they’re friendly to you AND the environment.
Just be sure not to put them on when you’re hungry :)
Lemon Egg White Facial Mask
Use to even out skin tone
1 egg white
1. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into one beaten egg white.
2. Apply to face and leave on overnight.
3. Rinse with warm water in the morning.
Banana Milk Facial Mask
Use weekly to help reduce the appearance of fine lines
2 tablespoons milk
1. Mash banana with milk in a small bowl.
2. Apply a thick layer over entire face.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse with cool water.
Sweet Cucumber Mask
Use to smooth and soften skin
1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons white sugar
1. Mash ingredients together using a fork or food processor.
2. Apply thick mask over entire face.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse with warm water, followed by a splash of cold water.
5. Store any remaining mask in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.