Get these five great books to soothe your crying baby (and your ears).
- The American Academy of Pediatrics’ Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5, by Steven P. Shelov, M.D., and Robert E. Hannemann, M.D.
- Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby’s First Year by Ari Brown, M.D.
- Colic Solved: The Essential Guide to Infant Reflux and the Care of Your Crying, Difficult- to-Soothe Baby by Bryan Vartabedian, M.D.
- The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer by Harvey Karp, M.D.
- Period of PURPLE Crying booklet by Ronald G. Barr, M.D. (PURPLE stands for: Peaks around 2 months; Unpredictable, occurs for no apparent reason; Resists soothing; Painlike expressions; Long bouts, 30 minutes or more; Evening is a common time.)