Once my mom asked me what I do on Twitter and I told her, “I get parenting advice!” From restaurant etiquette to how much to pay the sitter, my Twitter moms have never steered me wrong. Unlike Facebook, which is stalked by your mom and is a little too close for comfort to your creepy uncle, Twitter is a fun supportive space for moms to reach out, share and connect. And really, what more can you want from the internet?
Or at least it will become that if you follow these 10 best moms on Twitter.
- Alicia Ybarbo and Mary Ann Zoellner are the brains behind this Twitter feed. They make the “Today” show happen and contribute to TODAY Moms. Follow them for great articles and news on the cutting edge of mommyhood. Did you even know there was such a thing?
- Former teen mom turned homeschooling novelist Tricia Goyer is a fascinating person and good thing she Tweets, because frankly, we’re just a little addicted. Follow her for writing news and the regular doldrums of mommy life, but more fascinating because it’s Tricia Goyer.
- Want to talk about more than just mom stuff? Carla Young is self-described, “WAHM, Founder & Publisher of MOMeoMagazine.com & Entrepreneurial Moms; Bargain Hunter, Shopping Diva, Book Collector & Outdoor Fanatic.” And if you think that is impressive, check out her tweets!
- Jenna McCarthy is hilarious and she ought to be, she makes a hard-earned living out of it. With books and articles galore, you would think she’d be too busy to tweet. You’d be wrong. She tweets gems like this: “Huge fight with husband, got to Costco and had NO CARD… cap it off with a mammogram and pelvic ultrasound. Yay for this day!
- I wanted to keep this list mostly people, but I have to include Wired Mom because I click on almost every single link they send out. Whether it’s blog posts from The New York Times “Motherlode” column or links to interesting Yahoo Answers threads, @wiredmom will keep your Tweets on their feet.
- @SugarJones is a must follow. Busy and hilarious, Sugar Jones is a smart, savvy mom who knows how to Tweet. She’s pretty fancy and pretty blog famous. But she tweets back, which kinda makes us want to swoon.
- Jill Simonian, theFABmom – Mom. TV+Media Host. 200+ #parenting segments @CBSLA, @ktla, @cnn, @today_parents, @Momdotcom, @FresnoBee, @ValleySun. Opinions = Mine.
- Nancy Polanco – Sharing fun ways to live, explore, eat, design, learn & create. I write for the TODAY Parenting Team & @HuffPost. Mom. Wife. Journalist.
- @joeyfortman – Multimedia Mom: On air host at KOIT San Francisco, Travel/Tech & Toy Expert Seen on GMA, Today Show, Anderson, Dr. Phil, The Talk, Dr. Oz & more!
- Check out the delicious recipes Victoria has @SimplyTodayLife. Simplifying Motherhood & Embracing the Imperfections. Girl Mom • Cancer Survivor • Florida Life.
While not “moms” per se, these 2 Twitter pages are good for moms.
- How to Hire a Nanny – Guide lays out road map and gives practical advice for hiring household help, retaining your best employees, handling nanny taxes and more!
- The Children’s Bureau strives to create a world where all children grow up with endless possibilities. Join us in our mission to prevent child abuse at #BeTheReason
Follow us @NewParentdotcom for our latest articles and resources for expectant mothers, moms, and new parents.