By Erin Bush
We’ve all had mornings where we look in the mirror and think, “Oh great, I actually look as tired as I feel!”
We can jump-start ourselves with a cup of caffeine, but what about our eyes – the proverbial windows to our exhausted souls? Follow these tricks, and nobody else will know you were up all night with a teething baby.
1) Thoroughly wash face and apply a de-puffing eye cream. Eye creams such as Philosophy’s Eye Believe, $30 or Neutrogena’s Radiance Boost Eye Cream, $11.99 contain particles that reflect light to give the impression of bright eyes.
2) Gently tap a lightweight, creamy concealer under the eye area starting at the inner corner and extending past the outer corner of your eye. The Balm is a great choice for those with dark circles and dry skin. Set with loose powder.
3) Sweep a light-colored, shimmer eye shadow across your lids (Urban Decay’s Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is AWESOME); skip dark or smoky colors.
4) Perk up your eyes by accentuating your lashes. Use an eyelash curler followed by two coats of mascara. The Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler has long been considered the best among professional makeup artists.
5) Play up your lips to take the focus away from your eyes. Line your lips with a liner a shade darker than your natural lip color (try this Kevyn Aucoin best-seller) , then apply your favorite lipstick or lip gloss. We like Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
Voilà. Wide-awake peepers!
Awaken those dark, puffy eyes with these tried and true makeup tricks.