- The baby becomes more active, turning from side to side and sometimes head over heels.
- Finger and toe prints can be seen.
- The baby sleeps and wakes at regular intervals.
- This is a month of rapid growth. At the end of the fifth month, your baby is about 10 inches long and weighs 1/2 to 1 pound.
- If you haven’t already, you will begin to feel your baby moving. Tell your health care provider.
- Your uterus has grown to the height of your belly button.
- Your heart beats faster.
- You may need eight or more hours of sleep each night. During the day, take rest breaks if tired. Don’t push yourself.
Prenatal Care Guide
- Visit your health care provider for one prenatal care checkup.
- Your baby’s growth and weight gain can be affected if you’re smoking, drinking or taking drugs. It’s never too late to quit.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious diet and drink lots of juice, water and milk every day.
Article Courtesy of The March of Dimes
The baby becomes more active, turning from side to side and sometimes head over heels.