These sweet and savory pockets are a make for a surprising breakfast or snack. We wish our pockets were always this tasty. Eat them on the go!
Ingredients: (Makes 12 mini pockets)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup peeled, chopped apple
- 1/3 cup crumbled sausage or soy sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 3-inch whole wheat pita pockets
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and onion powder with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scramble over medium heat in a large skillet coated with vegetable spray until cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2. While the eggs cook, heat the apple and sausage in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add to the eggs and stir, along with the cheddar cheese.
- Stuff 2 heaping tablespoons of the egg mixture into each of the pita pockets and serve.
By Kim Galeaz, R.D.