When you’re pregnant, you never know when hunger pangs are gonna hit. This quesadilla recipe makes a quick and delicious snack. Pair it with a salad as a scrumptious light lunch!
Quesadillas to the rescue!
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
¼ cup olive oil
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 10-ounce package of frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a grill or skillet over low heat and lightly oil.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, and tomato. Stir to combine and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl combine, corn, cheddar, jalapeno, and salt and pepper. Place tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle half of the tortilla with about 1/3 cup of cheese mixture. Fold top half of tortilla over to close.
- Grill tortillas until golden brown and cheese is melted, approximately 6 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve immediately with sour cream dipping sauce.