Your toddler will love eating these just-sweet-enough pancakes with her hands. You’ll love that they’re rich in nutrients, thanks to the sweet potato and whole wheat flour. Pancakes that are chock-full of nutrition.
Ingredients: (Makes 12 pancakes)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1 1/4 cups mashed sweet potato (canned or fresh)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, sweet potato, eggs, and canola oil.
- Add mashed sweet potato mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Preheat griddle or skillet and grease with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by 1⁄3-cup portions onto hot griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles form on the surface.
- Flip pancakes until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with cinnamon sugar or maple syrup.
(Leftovers can be individually wrapped and placed in a zippered plastic bag in the freezer. Heat in the microwave for a quick, healthy meal.)