Instead of cookies or candy, get your little one hooked on healthy sweet treats. Fruit-based desserts, like these baked apples, are a tasty choice.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 4 apples, halved and cored
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cut on the diagonal
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, cinnamon, honey, and raisins.
- Fill each apple with an equal amount of the ricotta mixture.
- Bake until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Toast the bread while letting the apples cool. Serve the warm apples with the toast.