This is a great “mocktail” to enjoy during pregnancy, especially when it gets warmer out! Try out this delicious pregnancy “mocktail.”
- 2/3 c simple syrup (see recipe below) or Agave syrup
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2-3 large lemons)
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 large limes)
- 4 c cold water
- 1 1/2 c ice
- Extra lemon or lime slices for garnish
- Place basil leaves and the simple syrup at the bottom of a large glass pitcher.
- Use a wooden spoon to bruise the basil leaves a little bit (also known as muddling).
- Pour in the lemon juice, lime juice and cold water.
- Add in ice cubes and lemon/lime slices.
- Serve icy cold with a basil leaf as garnish.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil.
- Boil until all of the sugar has dissolved, 3-4 minutes.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely.
- Store in your refrigerator, in a jar or any other airtight container.