The really great thing about this quick-cooking potato frittata? It makes the perfect meal for tots and grown-ups morning, noon, or night.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup frozen diced hash browns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup diced bell peppers
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, and salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat broiler.
- Thaw the hash browns in the microwave.
- Warm the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook two minutes more.
- While the vegetables cook, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the milk, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook 5 minutes (eggs won’t be done).
- Top with the cheeses and broil until eggs are cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
By Stacy Whitman with Kim Galeaz, R.D.