Meat, especially beef, is a great source of iron—something many toddlers don’t get enough of. Opt for ground beef with no more than 10% fat. Satisfy your lil’ cowboy with this western meal.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat macaroni
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, not drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup reduced fat Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef.
- Add the macaroni, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chili powder, and water.
- Continue cooking until macaroni is cooked al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately.