Get your toddler excited about oatmeal with this sweet rendition, full of fun flavors like maple, cinnamon, and apricots. Make a big batch on Monday and store leftovers in the fridge for fast, hot breakfasts all week long.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 2/3 cups milk (whole milk for toddlers, 1% for kids over 2)
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apricots, fresh or canned
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the oats and milk.
- Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wheat germ, maple syrup, cinnamon, and apricots.
- Microwave 2 to 5 minutes more until very thick.
- Serve hot; refrigerate leftovers for 2 to 3 days