Need dinner—fast? This fresh summer pasta dish comes together quicker than it takes for the pizza delivery guy to get to your house. Babies and toddlers will love the flavor of sweet green beans.
Recipe for Pasta with Pesto and Green Beans!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine
- In a food processor or blender, add the basil, pine nuts, and garlic; pulse until finely chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil, stopping to scrape down the bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the fresh pasta and boil for 2-3 minutes more, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Drain beans and pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of cooking water to the pesto to thin a bit.
- Add the pasta and green beans to the pesto and toss to coat. (If necessary, add more of the reserved cooking liquid so that the sauce easily coats the pasta.)
- Top with additional grated cheese and serve immediately.