When you need to serve up something really simple and really nutritious, turn to hummus. When served with raw veggies, it makes a colorful, kid-friendly snack. Slathered on a sandwich or stirred into soup, it adds protein and fiber to any dinner. Best of all, it’s cheap! A batch of hummus only costs about $3 to make.
Quick and Easy Hummus
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt, to taste
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Pulse until finely chopped.
- While the food processor runs, drizzle in the olive oil and water, stopping to scrape down the bowl if needed.
- Add salt to taste; serve with pita chips or vegetables.
Hummus is cheap, nutritious, and couldn’t be simpler to make. Whip some up today!