Sweet and salty, gooey and crunchy, this easy, nutritious snack is delicious when made with Gala, Golden Delicious, McIntosh or Cortland apples. This easy, nutritious snack is perfect for you AND your toddler.
Ingredients (Makes 2 quesadillas)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 8-inch whole grain flour tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup finely diced apple
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spread 1 tablespoon apple butter almost to the edge of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of each tortilla with half of the cheese and half of the apple.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat in hot skillet coated with nonstick spray for 2 to 4 minutes per side, until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted inside.
- Cool and cut into bite-size pieces.
By Kim Galeaz, R.D.