As mothers get fewer, and fewer time to cook we have a quick 20 minute recipe we hope you are your toddler will enjoy and add to your repertoire.
A quick bite for you and toddler
Recipe for wagon wheel pasta with spinach pesto
- Cook 8 ounces of wagon wheel pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a food processor or blender, puree 3 cups packed baby spinach leaves, 1 cup packed basil leaves, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, 2⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon honey.
- While the food processor or blender is running, gradually pour in 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil; process until combined.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the pesto. Gently fold in 1⁄2 cup finely chopped grape tomatoes. Makes 10 servings.
Per toddler serving:
- (1⁄2 cup) 195 calories, 6 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 9.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated), 1,150 IU vitamin A, 5 mg vitamin C, 82 mg calcium, 1.6 mg iron, 91 mg sodium, 1.5 g fiber
Time: 20 minutes
Hope your toddler likes it! If not, you’ve now learned what they don’t like.